Skip to main content

I Fly Like a Leaf

I fly like a leaf
In the dusk of barren autumn
Detached and unmatched
From the greens of valleys
And at the hilltop
I was falling down
Where the air sings me a song
And my clashings with words
Claps in a way
Like strings of guitar strummed
Or the air finding it's way out of flute
Illuminating out melodious tone
And with every beat of drum
Dead Heart rejoiced.

I was still flying above the ground
And Waving my tail,
To thrust myself up and
To keep myself in illusion
That ground is far below
And I am on seventh sky
Waving through rainbow
Hiding in silhouette of clouds.

Suddenly,
The breeze left me,
Alone, above and high.
The gravity started kissing the dead me
And with its affection I was soon on ground
I was weeping in pain
While the layers of soil covered my wounds
And I was buried and killed by gravity
Looking through new palace of earth
I wasn't the only whore of gravity
There were thousands like me
Buried deep and dead
With desires to escape slavery
I was dead, so were my ambitions
I was just a flying leaf
Who challenged the drought autumn....

~Praful Maheshwari

Popular posts from this blog

जब राज़ हो दिल में गहरा हर ज़ख्म पे यादों का पहरा जब मंज़िल ने भी मुंह फेरा यारों ने भी आशियाना छोड़ा। जब आसूं भी बह ना पाए नज़रों को भी मिला ने पाए जब लफ़्ज़ों ने भी ज़बान ना हो कम्बख़त इश्क़ भी अब साथ ना हो। बस हंसी भी ख़ामोश रहे हर दिन में रात ढले मन में कुछ बवंडर सा है अपना जो था आज़ पराया सा हैं। -Praful Maheshwari

Where's my freedom?

Where's my freedom? Is it caged or tangled in chains! or it is suppressed between the restrictions that they keep imposing on me. Then they ask me necessity of it; other's said that's their concern, but a concern isn't meant to chop the wings of an eagle, it's about giving a thrust to their flight of heights. They are themselves caged between the  chaos of the melodrama of society. They breath for themselves but breeds for the society, they opt the brain, steered by society, and these hands hold the fetters of my freedom binding anxiety. Here's is my freedom down their hands, getting older and older, shattering its age with rusted fetters. But they forgot, every chain will once break, every feather will regrow, every bird will fly anew, to live this freedom, to live this era, to live this life. ~ Praful Maheshwari

Whatever it takes - Spend it

Whatever it takes - Spend it be it a box of happiness that you stored deep into your soul, take it out and spend it. Life has no destination, except Death. When you will lay as corpse with the ECG curves on monitor and the pierced needles connected to huge vessel hanged on stand while your face will remain still gazing at the ceiling fan blades running around the motor and the helplessness of blade to feel the center of fan will Renaissance you for the days when you were running for happiness while the real happiness was inside you. You didn't scrounge yourself but you searched for others for that happiness. Life isn't still, it's like sine and cosine curves that varies from one region to another sometimes rising high and exaggerating your dreams while sometime it will throw you down and shatter you to begin a new journey. The more you will fall down the more capabilities you will learn and mistakes you committed will let you dive to depth of success The clock of life w...